PICKLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
WHAT’S IN THESE TERMS?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website and application (our Service).
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Pickle.app and the Pickle application is a service operated by Pickle Jobs Ltd (”We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08935047 and have our registered office at 2 Church Street, Burnham, Slough, SL1 7HZ. We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before going into more detail, it is very important that you understand that our Service provides users with a mobile marketplace that brings together people or businesses who want to share ideas or need jobs and tasks to be done (“Customers”) with people or businesses that want to provide feedback on ideas and who may be prepared to do those jobs and tasks that are posted (“Fixers”). If a Customer accepts a Fixers offer to complete a job, the Customer and Fixer enter into a direct contract with each other in relation to each job that needs to be done. Pickle is not a party to that contract and as a result, Pickle is not responsible, or in any way liable, if the Fixer does not do what they have said they will do. Similarly, if the Fixer completes the job in a way that the Customer consider unsatisfactory, Pickle will not be responsible and you release Pickle from any and all claims, liabilities and losses of every kind connected with such disputes
Pickle is not an employment or contracting agency and has no control over the conduct or suitability of Customers or Fixers to advertise or complete jobs. Pickle may or may not review or assess Customers or Fixers prior to their registration with the Service or at any point after their registration so please bear this in mind when you using the Service. You are solely responsible for performing appropriate checks or taking all possible precautions in connection with your use of the Service and any resulting activity. We would recommend that all users adopt a cautious approach that is proportionate to the potential risks involved when dealing with any unknown individual or business in relation to a particular job.
BY USING OUR SERVICE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Service.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- Our Acceptable Use Policy,which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our Service. When using our Service, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Service, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR SERVICE
We are a new business and constantly trying to provide you with the best possible service. As a result, we may update and change our Service and the features made available to you from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users’ needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR SERVICE
Our Service is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our Service, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Service for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SERVICE
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Service, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Service for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Service.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Service must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Service for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS SERVICE
The content on our Service is provided for general information only and contains user generated content. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Service.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the content on our Service, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Service is accurate, complete or up to date.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHER WEBSITES OR SERVICE WE LINK TO
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
USER-GENERATED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY US
The Service includes information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to job user profiles, job posts and comments related to job posts. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Pickle Jobs Ltd will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Pickle Jobs Ltd if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
BREACH OF THIS POLICY
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this policy constitutes a material breach of Pickle Terms and Conditions upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Service; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Service.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our Service for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Service for any business purposes and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content (including jobs, photos, profile details) to our Service, or to make contact with other users of our Service, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our Service will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload section below.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
RIGHTS YOU ARE GIVING US TO USE MATERIAL YOU UPLOAD
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that our Service will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Service. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Service by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Servcice, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Service. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Service will cease immediately.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR SERVICE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our Service must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Service other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website or service in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable User Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
WHICH COUNTRY’S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
OUR TRADE MARKS ARE REGISTERED
”Pickle” is a UK and European registered trade marks of Pickle Jobs Limited. You are not permitted to use it without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our sitesection below.