Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing Pickle. We hope that we’ll help you get your jobs done or assist in connecting you with others jobs doing.
Pickle’s important introductory notes
We are a new business and constantly trying to provide the best possible service to our users so we may change the terms of the Agreement from time to time. If we do make any changes, we will send you a note mentioning that changes have been made.
Before going into more detail, it is very important that all users of the Service understand that our Service and Application provide users with a mobile marketplace that brings together people or businesses who need jobs and tasks to be done (“Customers”) with people or businesses that are prepared to do those jobs and tasks (“Fixers”). Customers and Fixers enter into a direct contract with each other in relation to each job that needs to be done. Pickle is not a party to that contract and as a result, Pickle is not responsible, or in any way liable, if the Fixer or Fixer does not do what they have said they will do. Similarly, if the Fixer completes the job in a way that the Customer consider unsatisfactory, Pickle will not be responsible and you release Pickle from any and all claims, liabilities and losses of every kind connected with such disputes.
Pickle is not an employment or contracting agency and has no control over the conduct or suitability of Customers or Fixers to advertise or complete jobs. Pickle may or may not review or assess Customers or Fixers prior to their registration with the Service or at any point after their registration so please bear this in mind when you using the Service. You are solely responsible for performing appropriate checks or taking all possible precautions in connection with your use of the Service and any resulting activity. We would recommend that all users adopt a cautious approach that is proportionate to the potential risks involved when dealing with any unknown individual or business in relation to a particular job.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties.
Definitions used in these Terms and Conditions
Your use of Pickle
By using the Service, you:
- agree to register and create your account for your own personal or business use without providing any other person or business access to it. You may only register one Pickle account unless otherwise authorised by Pickle;
- agree to keep your account details private and secure and understand that Pickle will not be responsible for any third party accessing your account provided that such access was not a result of Pickle’s negligence;
- will be responsible for all content, details and information that you contribute to the Application;
- will retain all risk when using the Service, any Service functionality and interacting in any way with other users of the Service;
- acknowledge that Pickle is not able to validate, confirm or guarantee the accuracy of any information provided to you by other users of the Service and understand that Pickle recommends that you use all reasonable methods in order to provide yourself with assurance in respect of the accuracy of all information on the Service (e.g. another user’s ability to perform a particular task);
- acknowledge that Pickle does not guarantee that relevant jobs or offers to complete jobs will be available on the Service;
- understand that Pickle reserves the right to edit all content included within the Service at its sole discretion;
- agree that you will not use the Application and/or Service in any way that (i) does not adhere to these Terms and Conditions; (ii) violates any applicable law; (iii) uses automated means (such as so called “bots”) to extract, manipulate, collect, analyse or otherwise to access the Service and/or the Application; (iv) infringes the rights of any third party; (v) that is linked participation in or promotion of illegal activity; (vi) could be considered as spamming or phishing any other user of the Services; (vii) promotes racism or hatred; (viii) could be considered as obscene, abusive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable; or (ix) may damage or interrupt the provision of the Service (including the use of viruses or other disruptive coding).
Registering with Pickle
- Before accessing any of the functionality within the Service (including posting or responding to jobs) you must register an account with Pickle. In order to register, Pickle will ask you for some details about yourself. These details may vary from time-to-time but Pickle will always ask for you mobile telephone number and your name. You agree to always provide Pickle with true and accurate information and you understand and accept that Pickle may, but is not obliged to, perform certain checks to ascertain the accuracy of the information that you provide.
- Following the creation of your Pickle account, you will be able to see the functionality of the Service but you will need to register with our payment service provider (as set out below) in order to post, negotiate or accept jobs. In providing and optimising this functionality, you acknowledge and agree to allow Pickle to ascertain and use your location in addition to your registered account details.
Billing and payments
- Pickle utilises a third party payment service provider (“PSP”) in order to register user payment details and process all payments relating each user’s use of the Service.
- Pickle’s current PSP is a company called Paypal. Customers and Fixers must register their payment details with the PSP in order to access the functionality of the Service and subsequently receive or make payments related to jobs completed by using the Service. Further, by registering with the PSP, you are agreeing to be bound by the PSP’s terms and conditions (these can be found here) which are separate and unrelated to these Terms and Conditions. You understand that Pickle accepts no responsibility for your use of the PSP’s service.
Termination and suspension
- You may terminate the Agreement at any time by ending your use of the Service;
- Pickle may terminate or suspend your access to the Service in the event that, in its opinion, you breach any of the terms set out in the Agreement. Such termination will be notified to you in writing from Pickle; and
- in the event that the Agreement is terminated by either party, all terms in the Agreement that would be reasonably expected to survive will continue to apply following such termination.
- You agree to indemnify Pickle in full against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses (including reasonable legal fees) suffered or incurred by Pickle as a result of your breach of any of the warranties or undertakings in these Terms and Conditions, or any claims by any third party including but not limited to claims for infringement of any intellectual property rights, payment of outstanding debts for services provided or goods supplied by such third parties.
Choice of law and disputes
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed and performed in all respects in accordance with and shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. You and we both agree that the Courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. In the event of a dispute between Pickle and you arising out of these Term and Conditions, you and we undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with the other in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
Entire agreement and enforcement
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Pickle and you in respect of the subject matter and no terms, obligations, representations, promises or conditions, oral or written, express or implied have been made or relied upon, other than those contained in it. The provisions contained in each section and sub-section of these Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable independently of each of the others and its validity shall not be affected if any of the others is invalid. If any of those provisions is void but would be valid if some part of the provision were deleted, the provision in question shall apply with such modification as may be necessary to make it valid.
- Either parties failure to enforce any provision(s) within these Terms and Conditions will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
Minimum age and eligibility
- You must be at least 16 years old to use the Pickle Service and we may ask for proof of age at the time you register with the Service or anytime thereafter.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide the Services to any individual or business at any time in our sole discretion.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are unclear to you, or you have any questions or concerns using the Pickle Service, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at 2 Church Street, Burnham, Slough, SL1 7HZ
Pickle respects the intellectual property of others
- Any queries, reports or complaints regarding copyright should be reported by mail to our registered address, or by email or any other equally advantageous method. Emails should be sent to email@example.com.
- All claims should include sufficient detail to specifically identify the infringement, this can include but is not limited to URLs, location specifics and published work titles.
- In addition to the aforementioned we require proof that the “claimant” is the copyright holder, and all if any relevant contact details for the “claimant”.
- Pickle also requires you as the disputer to provide a statement of fact this should state your name, permanent/residential address an email address and a statement that you are acting in good faith.
- In the instance you are acting on behalf of the copyright owner you are required to provide a statement from the copyright owner giving you permission to act within their interest of the copyright this should be accompanied by a statement of fact from yourself with all applicable details (see above).